Use it or lose it!!

At the start of this wonderful journey, let me thank you for giving me an opportunity to share my thoughts with you. I really respect you as a person who is committed to making positive and measurable changes in life - and I am sure you will be successful in your effort.
I have one more request for you - don't expect anything from this blog! I know that's asking too much, but there is a golden principle regarding this which says: Expectations reduce joy.
That's a long preface! So I will end with this prayer:

May every thought in my mind find a perfect word in this blog,
And may every word in this blog find a perfect thought in your mind!
--Ruchita Duggal

Sunday, January 20, 2013

WOMAN is not a DUSTBIN - Use and Throw

Almost every woman, in the course of her life, undergoes abuse. Hey, don't get me wrong, I am not a feminist. But I am anti male chauvinist and anti physical abuse. There are people who think, “Why the hell does she even come to do MBA? They are going to land up in the kitchen five years down the lane? These people are just doing it for the heck of it”. Some even openly admitted these thoughts to me. I have seen articles that go with this line of thinking too.

Though my post this time, is not about woman and MBA, I just cited it to show the stereotyping that goes on in this country at this growing phase. Though I had not replied when that person told me that I was going to land up in kitchen after five years, I just felt that, “Even after five years, I will be facing people like you, so I better learn to ignore the hecklers who can't come out of the shell of thoughts they are in”.

Having said that, I will return to the main stream of this post. Lots of blogs have written about this abuse of woman in Delhi. Does that even sound human that 5-6 people pounce on a woman and grope her? From the capital of our country to small villages, devils are all over. This is not the first. Here is more.

“The 23-year-old physiotherapy student who was stripped, beaten and raped in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16, passed away in a Singapore hospital after a strong fight against all odds.” -Front page report in every local and national newspaper, 2012

At that time when victims were asking for help,no one even bothered to stand up but later they(common man) started showing support by candle march. Other than that It is useless to expect anything from govt. bodies and our politicians.

WAKE UP!!    WAKE UP!!

Alright, these are all physical abuses, add to it the innumerous incidents in buses and trains and theatres and roads and gullies. Then there is verbal abuse. Innumerable incidents yet again.

What I wonder mostly is that, what drives these men to do all this? They have to have any kind of woman contact with their life, sexually? Where is the normal peer to peer treatment women expect as against this biased outlook of being the “weaker” sex? I had a period of time in my life, when I believed that education is all that is needed. I have grown out of that.

How much should women have to fight to be treated humanly? Why should it be a woman’s responsibility to protect her “modesty” against perverted looks? When is it that men will look at the mind that is behind the face which is above the neck?

P.S I am not accusing every man of this. I have met the other kind too and I thank them for what they are.

P.P.S My arguments are especially directed towards people who can't accept woman’s mental capability and people for whom a woman is just the FIGURE to perve

LOOK BEYOND MY PHYSICAL EXISTENCE

No comments:

Post a Comment